MultiTech Cellular Gateways
Just like they sound — gateways provide the door for multiple “things” to connect to the Internet. Here at MultiTech, we believe IoT gateways should be smart, rugged and flexible. That’s why we developed the Conduit line: the industry’s most configurable, manageable, and scalable gateways for industrial IoT applications.
At its simplest, an IoT gateway is an intelligent central hub for IoT devices. IoT gateways connect devices within the Internet of Things to one another and to the cloud, translating communication between the devices and filtering data into useful information.
A true IoT gateway contains communication technologies connecting end-devices (sensors, actuators or more complex devices) and backend platforms (data, device and subscriber management) to the gateway. It has a computing platform allowing pre-installed or user-defined applications to manage data (for routing and computing at edge), devices, security, communication and other aspects of the gateway.
Some of the most common uses for IoT gateways include:
- Connecting devices to one another
- Connecting devices to the cloud
- Translating communicate between IoT devices that are manufactured or operated by different companies
- Filtering data
- Mitigating security risks
- Intelligence at the edge
Programmable gateway (MTCDT3AC Series) MultiTech Conduit® 300 Series programmable gateway features mPower™ Edge Intelligence enables streamlined edge-to-cloud orchestration, management and analytics together with a high performance, secure processor to support Dockers and containers for easy programmability and built-in compatibility with leading IoT software platforms.
- High security hardware
- Protect thousands of end devices with a highly secure programmable gateway
- Simplified and streamlined edge-to-cloud management and analytics
Access Point (MTCAP3 Series) MultiTechConduit® AP 300 Series Access Point featuring the mPower™ Edge Intelligence operating system serves as a gateway or access point that enables connectivity between LoRaWAN® wireless IoT devices and the network or cloud infrastructure. The Conduit AP Access Point offers various wide-area-network communication options, including wired and wireless interfaces, allowing flexibility in connectivity. It supports the LoRaWAN protocol in addition to Ethernet and cellular connectivity options, depending on the specific model and configuration.
- Integrations with cloud-based LoRa Network Server and IoT Cloud platforms
- Embedded LoRa Network Server for an out-of-box LoRaWAN network
- MultiTech DeviceHQ® device, network and application management
Ruggedized IoT Gateway (MTCDTIP2 Series) MultiTech Conduit® IP67 200 Series Base Station is a ruggedized, highly scalable and certified, IoT gateway solution specifically designed for outdoor LoRa® public or private network deployments.
- Greatly expands LoRa network coverage
- External antenna increases LoRa connectivity to remote assets
- Improved design enhancing thermal performance and easy external port access to SIM and Ethernet connectors
Ruggedized IoT Gateway (MTCDTIP Series) The MultiTech Conduit® IP67 Base Station is a highly scalable, ruggedized IoT certified gateway solution, specifically designed for outdoor LoRa® public or private network deployments.
- External high gain antenna increases LoRa connectivity to remote assets
- Greatly expands LoRa network coverage
- High quality, low cost support
Programmable IoT Gateway (MTCDT Series) The Conduit® is a quick-to-deploy and simple-to-scale, programmable IoT gateway designed for versatility.
- Incredible asset management range - up to 10 miles line of sight, 1 to 3 miles into buildings
- Integration support with a variety of partner and private Cloud Platforms
- 2-way communication over any certified cellular network for cost effective global deployments
Gateway Accessory Cards (MTAC Series) The mCard™ gateway accessory cards provide the flexibility needed to manage a wide range of different wired and wireless interfaces and associated communication protocols required to connect sensors, appliances, and assets to the Conduit® programmable gateway. Available options include a LoRaWAN® Ready mCard capable of supporting thousands of mDot™ long range RF modules monitoring and controlling remote field assets.
Access Point (MTCAP & MTCAP2 Series) The MultiTech Conduit® AP Access Point conveniently provides deep in-building connectivity and improved performance for network operators and enterprises connecting thousands of IoT assets by harnessing the power of the LoRaWAN® protocol.
- Provide Improved Service Level Agreements for LoRa
- Affordable LoRa connectivity in or around commercial buildings
- Configurable Ethernet and 4G-LTE interfaces for Primary or Secondary WAN